Being the center for cultural heritage, İzmir has lots of museums to see. This blog will only discuss three of them, consecutively İzmir Archeology Museum, Ethnology Museum, and Art Museum.
1. Izmir Archeology Museum
Located in the National Education Pavilion of the Culture Park, this museum holds objects from ancient places such as Bayraklı, Miletus, Teos, and many others. You can also find the historical exhibits of western Anatolia in two gardens of the museum. Visiting this museum costs 25 TL. It’s even cheaper if you have Müzekart.
- More info about the Izmir Archeology Museum
2. Izmir Ethnography Museum
Inherited from the French, this museum exhibited portions of İzmir and its region’s social life in the nineteenth century. It shows the handicrafts of local people endangered in tandem with the growing industrialization. This museum accommodates its visitors for free. It is placed near the Archeology Museum.
- More info about the Izmir Ethnography Museum
3. Izmir History and Art Museum
A more modern structure than the other two, İzmir History and Art Museum is also located in Culture Park at Konak. It provides tourists exceptional aesthetical and valuable antiques discovered from the excavations in İzmir. The museum has three departments; Stone Artifacts, Ceramic Artifacts, and Precious Artifacts. Currently, it costs 20 TL to visit (2022).
- More info about the Izmir History and Art Museum
More about Izmir:
- History of Izmir: Facts & Things to Know
- Top-Rated Things To Do in Izmir
- 4 Nicest Areas and Neighbourhoods in Izmir
- Public transport in Izmir: Izmirkart, Airport & Taxis
- Weather of Izmir: What is the best time to visit?
- Best Beach Resort Hotels Near Izmir
- Best Luxurious 5-Star Hotels in Izmir
- Best Water Parks close to Izmir
- Best Sandy Beaches close to Izmir
- Best Hamams in Izmir
- Best Nightclubs and Concert Halls in Izmir
- Best Churches in Izmir
- Best Restaurants and Food in Izmir