What is the weather of Izmir?
The weather conditions in İzmir are pretty sunny and warm throughout the year.
The winters are mild, with temperatures rarely dipping below 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit), and snowfall is extremely rare. Spring and autumn are pleasant, with average temperatures in the low-20s Celsius (low-70s Fahrenheit).
The summer, on the other hand, is very hot. From the end of June to September, temperatures exceed 28 °C (82 °F). During this period, the humidity can also be high.
Due to the excellent weather conditions, Izmir and its surroundings are a popular destination for locals, especially in the summer months, but also for tourists from all over the world.
The most popular ones among the destinations in Izmir’s surroundings are Alaçatı, Urla, Çeşme, and even more south Kuşadası and Didim.
Monthly overview of the weather in Izmir
To help you plan your vacation in Izmir, here is an overview of the weather in Izmir listed by month:
- January is the coldest month of the year, with average temperatures ranging from 6 to 12 °C (43 to 54 °F)
- February is slightly warmer, with average temperatures ranging from 7 to 15 °C (45 to 59 °F)
- March is the start of spring, and average temperatures begin to increase, ranging from 9 to 18 °C (48 to 64 °F)
- April is a pleasant month, with average temperatures ranging from 12 to 22 °C (54 to 72 °F)
- May marks the beginning of summer, and average temperatures range from 16 to 26 °C (61 to 79 °F)
- June offers perfect beach weather, with average temperatures ranging from 21 to 31 °C (70 to 88 °F)
- July is the hottest month, with average temperatures reaching 34 °C (93 °F) at day and 24 °C at night (75 °F)
- August is also very hot, with average temperatures ranging from 25 to 33 °C (77 to 91 °F)
- September marks the start of autumn, and the temperatures begin to cool down, ranging from 20 to 29 °C (68 to 84 °F)
- October is a nice month for spending time outdoors, with temperatures ranging from 15 to 24 °C (59 to 75 °F)
- November is the start of Izmir’s mild winter, and average temperatures range from 11 to 19 °C (52 to 66 °F)
- December is one of the coldest month of the year, with average temperatures ranging from 7 to 14 °C (45 to 57 °F)
What is the best time to visit Izmir?
When visiting Izmir, why not choose the tine when the flowers are blooming or the trees are shedding their leaves? Indeed, spring and fall are the best times to visit the Izmir city center.
The reason lies behind the fact summer passes pretty hot here in Izmir. Moreover, the residents here often complain about not seeing snow around. However, you can go to beaches and swim for six months a year.
We would advise you to visit Izmir in spring or fall. But no matter what time of year you visit Izmir, you’re sure to enjoy its stunning Mediterranean setting and warm weather. So why not add it to your list of must-visit destinations?