Bodrum offers stunning scenery, great food, and plenty of things to do to keep you busy. So if you’re looking for an exciting place to travel to, look no further than Bodrum! This Turkish gem has something for everyone, from stunning beaches to historic sites.
Yeah, there are lots of things to do in this outstanding peninsula, yet nobody’d like to get trapped of all stuff going on Bodrum.
That is why on this page, we share with you the best-rated things to do in Bodrum for a comprehensive and memorable trip.
Table of Contents
1. Visit Bodrum Castle
Having a deep-rooted history, Bodrum is home to many historical landmarks. Built by Knights of St. John, Bodrum Castle is a long-standing central point of the city.
Now, it houses the Bodrum museum of Underwater Archaeology involving the earliest known shipwreck, which dates back to the 17th.
- Address: Çarşı, Kale Cd., 48400 Bodrum/Muğla
- Opening Hours: Daily, in the summer from: 08:30 – 19:00; in the winter from: 08:30 – 17:30
- Entrance Fee & Ticket: Click here to check the current admission price, and buy online ticket here!
2. Excursion by boat around the peninsula
Spend your one day with an excursion around the Bodrum. Whether you want to go on a short trip around the harbor or a long journey around the entire peninsula, there’s something for every taste and budget.
There are numerous boat trips including stops for swimming and snorkelling activities. You’ll be able to see some of the most stunning coastline, as well as visit some of the quaint villages that are dotted along the way. More exciting than that, you will be able to see places visible only by boat.
- Book the most popular boat tour in Bodrum here and enjoy a relaxing tour amidst the crystal clear blue waters of Bodrum.
3. Visit Zeki Muren Museum
Many celebrities around the world saw Bodrum as a hidden vacation destination. A respected artist, who took shelter, Zeki Müren was one of them.
Zeki Müren Museum is housed in the former home of the famous Turkish artist. Visiting the two-story house, you can get a glimpse into the superstar’s fascinating spirit. The exquisite nature of his outfits and personal stuff will astound you.
- Address: Kumbahçe, Zeki Müren Cd. No:11, 48400 Bodrum/Muğla
- Opening Hours: Daily; in the summer from 8:30 – 19:00, in the winter from 8:30 – 17:00
- Entrance & Ticket: Click here to check the current price, and buy online ticket here!
4. Concert at Bodrum Amphitheater
Take your concert ticket for the best music performances or festivals at Bodrum Amphitheatre. This ancient theater built in the 4th century BC is one of the few remaining historical sites in the world, and it’s still in use today.
You can get incredible city sights during open-air music performances. The theater has a capacity of 13,000 people, so it’s perfect for big events. And what could be more fun than spending an evening outdoors, listening to live music under the stars?
- Address: Yeniköy, Kıbrıs Şehitleri Cd., 48400 Bodrum/Muğla
- Concert Tickets: For current concerts in Bodrum Amphitheatre, visit the official website of Ticketmaster Turkey.
5. Wander in nearby villages
Imagining Bodrum, the first thing that leap to mind is a location with white stone villas.
The elegance of these white villas with blue embellishments, wonderfully representing the Aegean style, will fascinate as you wander through the Eskiçeşme Neighborhood.
6. Shopping in Old Town Bodrum
For shopaholics, visit Bodrum Old Town and get amazed with what you find there. This historic district is home to a variety of small shops and boutiques selling everything from handmade carpets to traditional Turkish clothing.
You can also find diverse selections of souvenirs, where you shouldn’t forget to make a bargain. The souvenirs will make your sunny-shore holiday unforgettable for years to come.
7. Join a wine tasting
Consider making the opportunity to join a wine tasting or a sangria party thrown by the founders of local wine brand Vinbodrum if you enjoy wine. Vinbodrum is the first to use a boutique production strategy to turn Bodrum’s delicious grapes into wine.
- Address: Vinbodrum, Yali Mahallesi, Şenavcilar Sokak No: 6, Bodrum, 04480 Turkey
- Book the most popular wine tasting tour in Bodrum here!
8. Party at Xuma Village
Xuma Village and its legendary sunset parties, special concerts would be great if you’re ready for a beach day or a pleasant music event.
Located in the heart of Bodrum and known for its wild parties and celebrity guests, it is more than a vibrant nightlcub. The wonderful music hub offers nutritious cuisine, relaxation at the beach, wellness and overall well-being.
- Address: Yalıkavak, Küdür Cd. No:81, 48400 Bodrum/Muğla, Turkey
- Events: Check out the official website for special events at Xuma Village.
- Social Media: XumaVillage
- Official Website: Xuma Village
9. Dive on a plane wreck
Among many fabulous diving activities in Bodrum, choose plane wreck dive off this peninsula. It is former Turkish Air Force Dakota C47 model plane wreckage about 17-32 meters deep and offers intermediate to advanced divers. It’s still an astounding sight to witness.
The plane wreck is located near Pacoz Bay, about 30 minutes from the harbor of Bodrum. If you are in the area, grab your diving gear and check it out!
- Check this popular diving tour in Bodrum!
10. Hike on the Leleg trail
Do you still have any energy to go? Leleg Hiking Trail, a 185-km trail, ideal for individuals who enjoy both hiking and archaeology. You should start your hike at Turgutreis Park so you can find yourself daydreaming how the area looked like in ancient times.
- See where the hiking trail is with this Google Maps Link to Leleg trail.
Other articles about Bodrum:
- Weather & Temperatures in Bodrum: Best Time to Visit
- How to go to Bodrum: Airport & Bus & Car
- Transports in Bodrum: How to Move Around in the Peninsula
- 10 Best-Rated Things to Do in Bodrum (Turkey)
- Popular Beaches not to miss in Bodrum Peninsula (Turkey)
- Shopping in Bodrum: Best tips from Local Insider
- Best Restaurants and Food in Bodrum: Fish, Breakfast, Snacks…
- Nightlife in Bodrum: Where to club or go to a bar?
- Historical Facts about Bodrum
- Best Beach Resorts in Bodrum