Getting to Bodrum may sound complicated because the city center is far away from nearby airports and you need transport to reach the city.
Assuming that you’re a first-time visitor, we compiled the easiest ways to reach the city center, including the plane, the bus and the car.
Find below all the ways to go to Bodrum.
Table of Contents
1. Going to Bodrum by plane: Bodrum Airport
A large number of visitors prefer to fly into the Milas airport, which is 35 km away from the center of Bodrum.
Alternatively, the nearest airport is at Izmir, more than two hours north, and the other is the Dalaman Airport, 3 hours South-Easr.
Even if it is still quite far from Bodrum, we definitly recommend you to flight in from the Milas airport which has special being made to reach Bodrum.
The flights provide both international and domestic visitors to safely trip all year round.
Turkish Airlines and Pegasus allow flights during the winter months to Bodrum by transferring to Istanbul for international travelers. Prices vary, yet in early booking cases, you can fly for very reasonable prices from İstanbul.
From there, both rental cars and bus transfers to Bodrum city center are available. Average taxi fares from Bodrum Milas Airport to the city center costs 300 TL running over 35 km.
2. Going to Bodrum by car or bus
Although Turkey’s road infrastructure is quite good in the north, in Bodrum curved, and bumpy roads are ready to meet you.
Be careful not to exceed speed limits all along the way! The route that goes north-south from the furthest southwest of Turkey to Izmir and finally to Istanbul connects with the road to Bodrum.
It is slightly North of Muğla Yatağan. A trip from this main road to Bodrum takes an hour and a half, passing by Milas Airport on the way.
If you don’t have a rental car, bus trips would cost around 360 TL from İstanbul.
Read more about Bodrum:
- Weather & Temperatures in Bodrum: Best Time to Visit
- Transports in Bodrum: How to Move Around in the Peninsula
- 10 Best-Rated Things to Do in Bodrum (Turkey)
- Popular Beaches not to miss in Bodrum Peninsula (Turkey)
- Shopping in Bodrum: Best tips from Local Insider
- Best Restaurants and Food in Bodrum: Fish, Breakfast, Snacks…
- Nightlife in Bodrum: Where to club or go to a bar?
- Historical Facts about Bodrum
- Best Beach Resorts in Bodrum